A Conversation with Apple:
Preparing MBA Students for the App Economy
The MBA Roundtable is pleased to announce this special opportunity for 2019 Symposium attendees.
Thursday, November 7, 2019*
12:00 - 1:30 pm
The MBA Roundtable has partnered with Apple to share a presentation on Preparing MBA Students for the App Economy. This special session will take place prior to the kick-off of the 2019 Symposium and will introduce attendees to Apple resources and curriculum that could be used to strengthen MBA students’ knowledge and preparation to succeed in today’s app economy, both from a curricular and co-curricular perspective.
The Preparing MBA Students for the App Economy workshop stems from ongoing discussions between Apple and major enterprise partners such as IBM, SAP and Deloitte, which have focused on the growing skills gap around digital transformation in business. In markets worldwide, established companies are increasingly competing with new entrants that are born digital; as a result, there is heightened demand for talent that can accelerate the digital transformation of products and services as well as operations and infrastructure. In particular, there is demand for leaders who have the foundational knowledge to bridge technical and non-technical teams.
The app economy is foundational to this discussion as it sits at the intersection of several mega trends, from big data to computer vision and machine learning. The presentation is designed to provide a general technical overview of the app economy and the development ecosystem around Apple products - in particular, an appreciation of the latest software and hardware capabilities and how enterprise customers are leveraging this technology to realize their vision of digital transformation.
In the workshop, Apple executives will share a variety of resources that could be used to incorporate the app economy into curricular and/or co-curricular learning experiences for MBA students. The discussion will highlight some potential points of alignment, for example:
- The business of the app economy, both in terms of the public facing App Store and private enterprise-focused markets
- Case studies focused on the impact of apps and mobile devices on competitive advantage, value creation and business process design
- The technical building blocks of the future business landscape and how companies are innovating at the intersection between these technologies
- Inclusion of introductory app design and development into existing programming or technically-focused course modules
- Experiential learning opportunities through the lens of the app economy with community and/or business partners
Our session on Thursday will provide an overview of this topic and discuss opportunities for incorporating the app economy into your MBA program. We hope you can join us. When you register for the 2019 Symposium, as part of our registration questions, please let us know that you will be attending this presentation. We will save lunch for you!
*Schedule, speakers and topics subject to change
Registration is now open!
You must be logged in with your MBA Roundtable member credentials to be eligible for the member rate. You can join the MBA Roundtable or renew your membership directly through the symposium registration page.
- MBAR Member Symposium Rate - $600 USD
- MBAR Non-Member Symposium Rate - $800 USD
- MBAR Member Workshop Rate - $250 USD
- MBAR Non-Member Workshop Rate - $350 USD
- MBAR Member Workshop & Symposium Rate - $850 USD
- MBAR Non-Member Workshop & Symposium Rate - $1150 USD
To register click on the appropriate buttons on the right of the registration page. You must be logged in with your MBA Roundtable member credentials to be eligible for the member rate.
Requests for refunds must be submitted via email at email@example.com on the following schedule:
Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for a refund. Transfer of registration to another colleague at your institution is allowed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- October 23, 2019 or before: Full refund.
- After October 23, 2019: Refunds will not be granted after this date.
Click here for MBA Roundtable membership information and application.
***Please note -- Non member or public registrations do not have the option to pay later via check or wire transfer through the online registration system. If you would like to send a check or arrange a wire transfer, please contact
manually register and receive an invoice.