Graduate management education (GME) has been undergoing change at an increasingly rapid rate. With the impact from the pandemic along with renewed focus on inclusion and social justice, many institutions are looking to innovate their MBA and Specialized Masters’ curriculum to reflect the demands of students and industry alike.
For our 2021 MBA Roundtable Curricular Innovation Symposium, we are excited to address the theme – Designing the Future GME Curriculum: delivering an innovative and adaptable curriculum aligned with student and industry needs.
Business schools can no longer think about developing the curriculum over the next five years, but need to design the curriculum for tomorrow, today. For some schools it is an evolutionary approach to change and innovation and for others it is a revolutionary approach to reinvent their GME curriculum. Whatever their process, graduate management education must innovate and deliver a truly exceptional curriculum to remain relevant today and in the future.
How are schools innovating their curriculum? What does industry need from business schools? Here are just some of the topics we hope to address at our 2021 Symposium:
- The new world of work is no longer a theoretical concept. It is happening right now. How are we preparing students for today’s “new” new world of work?
- Change is moving just as fast in the organizations who are hiring our students. What do they need from us and how can we work together to deliver what they are asking for?
- How are schools innovating their curriculum right now? What has changed with the pandemic and how much of it will now be the new normal?
- Impact, Purpose, Inclusion and Social Justice are now top of mind for students. How can we meet their demands in our GME curriculum?
- What do we teach and how do we teach it? What are the challenges for faculty and program and academic directors to make sure the content and the learning experience is world class?
- Is it possible to deliver a flexible, personalized, stackable, on demand and experiential program? How are schools trying to make this possible?
The MBA Roundtable is also developing an opening workshop which will take place on Thursday, October 28th prior to the start of the Symposium. Watch your email for additional information soon.
Who should plan to attend: MBA Faculty, Academic Directors, Program Directors, Instructional Designers - Decision makers who have direct impact on curriculum design, review and implementation.
If you have any questions about the 2021 symposium or have suggestions for topics and/or presenters please email email@example.com.
2021 Symposium Academic Sponsor:
You must be logged in with your MBA Roundtable member credentials to be eligible for the member rate. You can join the MBA Roundtable or renew your membership directly through the symposium registration page.
Registration Rates (In-Person & Virtual):
- MBAR Member Symposium Rate - $500 USD
- MBAR Non-Member Symposium Rate - $700 USD
- Pre-Symposium Workshop MBAR Member Rate - $250
- Pre-Symposium Workshop Non-MBAR Member Rate - $350
To register click on the appropriate buttons on the right of the registration page. You must be logged in with your MBA Roundtable member credentials to be eligible for the member rate.
If you are unable to attend the in-person symposium or workshop, we can easily transfer your registration to virtual attendance. Transfer of registration to another colleague at your institution is also allowed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Please notify the MBA Roundtable as soon as possible to update your registration.
Requests for refunds must be submitted via email at email@example.com on the following schedule:
- October 8, 2021 or before: Full refund.
- After October 8, 2021: Refunds will not be granted after this date.
Click here for MBA Roundtable membership information and application.
***Please note -- Non member or public registrations do not have the option to pay later via check or wire transfer through the online registration system. If you would like to send a check or arrange a wire transfer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to manually register and receive an invoice.