WE HAVE ALL HEARD THE STUDIES:
What does that mean for MBA Programs? How are we preparing our students to succeed in this quickly evolving, technology driven world where their next job or career may be one that never existed before? Join us for the 2018 MBA Roundtable Annual Curricular Innovation Symposium and discover how leading MBA Programs are succeeding in this Tech Enabled – Human Empowered world.
- As many as 800 million jobs could be lost globally by the year 2030 due to automation.1
- In many industries and countries, the most in-demand occupations or specialties did not exist 10 or even five years ago. By one popular estimate, 65% of children entering primary school today will ultimately end up working in completely new job types that don’t yet exist.2
TOPICS UNDER DISCUSSION INCLUDE:
- How do we update our MBA Curriculum to meet the changing needs of our MBA students around technology and the technical and leadership challenges it will present?
- What are we teaching… what should we be teaching… and how?
- Can MBA Programs teach the technical, as well as the leadership skills required by our MBA graduates to lead themselves, along with their team and organization through these changing times?
- Are we preparing our students to address the big questions, ethical dilemmas and technical, financial and human challenges that they will face in the next 10 – 20 years??
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- MBA Faculty, Academic Directors, Program Directors - Decision makers who have direct impact on curriculum design, review and implementation, as well as external relations leadership who interact with senior decision makers on hiring/placing MBA graduates.
JOIN US for our annual symposium filled with speakers, panel discussions and break out groups to explore and learn from schools attacking this challenge. Learn and share best practices with faculty and administrative leadership of the leading MBA programs. Be sure to join us at the McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin on November 8-9, 2018.
1Harnessing automation for a future that works - McKinsey Global Institute, January 2017
2The Future of Jobs - Employment, Skills and Workforce Strategy for the Fourth Industrial Revolution, January 2016, World Economic Forum
2018 Host Institution:
Registration is now open!
You must be logged in with your MBA Roundtable member credentials to be eligible for the member rate. You can join the MBA Roundtable or renew your membership directly through the symposium registration page.
To register click on the appropriate buttons on the right of the registration page.
- MBAR Member Symposium Rate - $600 USD
- MBAR Non-Member Symposium Rate - $800 USD
- Pre-Symposium Workshop MBAR Member Rate - TBD
- Pre-Symposium Workshop Non-MBAR Member Rate - TBD
Requests for refunds must be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org on the following schedule:
Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for a refund. Transfer of registration to another colleague at your institution is allowed, please email email@example.com for assistance.
- October 24, 2018 or before: Full refund.
- After October 24, 2018: Refunds will not be granted after this date.
Click here for MBA Roundtable membership information and application.
***Please note -- Non member or public registrations do not have the option to pay later via check or wire transfer through the online registration system. If you would like to send a check or arrange a wire transfer, please contact
to manually register and receive an invoice.