2019 Innovator Award
Application Now Open!
Submit your application by August 2, 2019.
About the MBA Roundtable Innovator Award:
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com and should cover the judging criteria listed below. Application format is open to each institution and can include Word, PowerPoint and/or Excel type documents along with supporting materials in photos and videos. Simply respond to the judging criteria as best fits your institution and it's innovation. Questions or Comments - Please call at 844-784-6227 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The search for innovative ideas and approaches is central to managerial practice and to the pursuit of excellence within any organization. Business schools are certainly no exception. Through the delivery of MBA programs, business schools have a rich history of developing innovative programs, curricula, and processes that positively impact the educational experience and ultimately advance the practice of management worldwide.
Launched in 2011, the MBA Roundtable Innovator Award Program promotes initiatives that advance innovation in MBA education and recognizes institutions that drive change in the field.
The Innovator Award Program is designed to:
- Raise awareness to businesses and to business educators of revitalization and improvements in MBA curricular and co-curricular content, format, and pedagogy.
- Educate employers, business school leaders, and faculty about innovative practices of best-in-class MBA programs and inspire others with ideas.
- Recognize individuals and schools for their leadership to initiate and achieve curricular reform and enhance their reputation for innovation.
- Enrich and deepen the relevance of the MBA experience and enhances school or program brand with prospective students and employers
The Innovator Award program is administered bi-annually and any business school that delivers an MBA degree may submit an initiative for consideration.
The curricular initiative must be directly related to an MBA degree and demonstrate excellence in MBA program innovation. Initiatives related to other graduate-level degree programs (MSc, MA, MS, etc.) are not eligible.
Ideal entries are initiatives that have been implemented, tried and tested over a period of time and can define measurable outcomes. Initiatives are evaluated by judging panels on the following criteria:
– Overall value proposition, rationale for change, link to overall b-school mission, educational impact, scalability and generalizability in other environments, impact on MBA education
—Complexity of implementation, representative cost and benefit analysis, improvement measures such as revenue growth or cost savings, expedited time to market, enhanced quality
– Quality or overall success measures, key learnings and challenges going forward, future iterations
—Quality of the document and materials, interview, articulation of impact, level of enthusiasm.
Initiatives are first evaluated on concept, execution, and impact; finalist schools are identified and interviewed and one school is selected as the award recipient. Any business school that offers an MBA degree and has taken initiative such as program revision, course content or delivery changes, or co-curricular experiential learning opportunity is eligible to participate. Since its inception, over 75 business schools have submitted their initiatives. Finalist and recipient school initiatives cover every aspect of the content-pedagogy-format curricular framework with impact reach locally and globally, and with benefits to the learner, business and community.
The MBA Roundtable Innovator Award is a biannual award. For additional information contact email@example.com.